Dialating?

Is it normal to be dialated 1 cm and thinning out at 35 wks? I'm just wondering because I started having contractions a week ago and then I wasn't dialated or thinned out at all and now the contractions are getting worse and the doc said I was dialated 1 cm and thinned out. I'm hurting soooo bad down there, everytime I move something pops around my pubic bone and in my lower back and it hurts. My contractions keep getting worse they are around every 3 min but the doctors aren't acting concerned what so ever...

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hmm, idk then. maybe they are not very powerful and that's why they're not concerned. but it's normal to get dialated toward the end of the pregnancy...and if it makes you feel better i had my first kid at 36 weeks and he was fine.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Dialating to 1 cm is normal. I was at 1 cm with my last two pregnancies for about a month before i went into labor. But if you are having contractions every three min then that is full blown labor. Unless they are not constant. As in do they go away for awhile then start up again later then go away? I have always been told that having 4 or more contraction in an hour is labor and to call the doctor. But only if they are staying that way or coming more frequent. Other wise it is still considered BH. Try laying down on your left side and drinking plenty of water. If they have been coming like this for awhile call doctor and let them know. If not then just lay down and try and relaxe. Good luck to you mamma.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 9:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• if you are having contractions every 3 minitues you would be in labor..... how long are they in a pattern? do they go away if you change position? if so they are not real contractions....just braxton hicks.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• They are in a constant pattern and they hurt like hell!! My contractions with my son before I got my epidural didn't even hurt this bad!! I have had the braxton hicks and they are random and don't hurt. I don't understand why the doctors keep putting this off and telling me to deal with them :( I just got out of the ER and they clearly seen that I was having them...
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2011