Just switched my 11 week old to soy milk and she is having trouble pooping.. anyone know what i can do to help her?

datgurlmeggy

Asked by datgurlmeggy at 8:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you could give watered down prune juice, or switch formulas. soy causes alot of constipation
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• mylicon drops always help a movement, as well as doing the riding the bike , pull the legs back and forth while she is lying on her back. and massage her tummy.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 8:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Soy milk or soy formula? And why did you switch her to soy? Most kids who have milk sensativities also have soy sensativities. Not to mention all the phyto estrogens she is getting from the soy. :P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I had this problem when I switched my son from regular formula to soy. My peditrician said this could happen and to give it a few days.
    BTW, the soy formula was a miracle for us. My son was apparently allergic to the regular and was projectile vomiting and runny stools. After the first week (when he started pooping regularly again) he was having normal stools and no more projectice vomiting!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• We used soy on all 3 of my children. Honestly not sure they all needed it...but that is what the pedi suggested. We used to give the name brand similac version and then one day (after talking to a friend) she gave hers the Parents Choice brand. I started buying the Target brand and found it mixed better and there were a LOT less bubbles. Maybe try another brand of soy.
    Hope your little one is feeling better soon.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I gave my babies whole milk--cow's milk--before they were age one and they didn't have a problem with constipation. They ate baby food fruits and vegetables and oatmeal which I think was helpful..
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011