Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What do I do now?

Help Me!!! Maybe it's just me! But, I had JUST got out of the shower and I hear a knock on my door, so I go "Just a minute!!" When I get to the door, these two people are standing in uniforms on my step.

I go "can I help you?" It was Child and Family Services. Turn out, my ex, and the father of my girls', his ex girlfriend called them and told them I was ABUSING MY GIRLS!!! I was crying and they had to check my little girls out and go thru ALL my stuff!! They said everything was okay, but they will have to come back and keep checking!! I NEED to get this girl in her place!

What do you suggest I do??? I really need to get this physco away from me!!

She threatens to kill me, then she tries to get my children taken away?!?! WTH?!

Answer Question

Asked by GraciesMommy464 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

Level 10 (469 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Get an order of protection !

    Answer by christinahenry at 8:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

  • Oh. WOW. I am so sorry to hear that. Talk to her and your ex about it. If they didnt find anything, you have nothing to worry about..JUST PROVED THEM WWWRONG. So typical for somethone who doesnt know you to do that to you.

    Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

  • Next time she pulls a confrontational move that you can legitimately call the police on do it - start creating a record. You need something to happen so she is aggressive towards you and you can justify putting a restraining order against her. You are going to have to be smart, keep your cool but DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT. Make sure to save any and all nasty or harrassing voicemmails they leave you - those are admissible because they are knowingly leaving a message, document texts messages - anything you can get to prove she is menacing towards you. Now is not the time to feel defeated and initimidated - game f'ing on. This happened to my cousin and it was a nightmare and her ex did it to her multiple times, documented false filings and NOTHING ever happened to those losers. It is really incredible how crappy people can abuse the system and these poor innocent kids. HUGS

    Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

  • Restraining order and the next time the bitch threatens you, press charges on her for harassment. Sorry you have to deal with someone like that, I can't even imagine your frustration right now. Hope everything works out in your favor. Whatever you do though, take the high road, Don't threaten her or confront her or your ex, just bid your time and the next time something awful happens take it to the law.

    Answer by Nanixh at 9:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

  • stay calm , make sure the house is always clean and in order and keep ur refrigerator and pantry stocked . they will only check for signs of abuse and a suitable environment for the children , once they make a few more visits and see that everything is ok they will drop ur case. GL!

    Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

  • You have rights. They can only look so far. The have rights to look in on the bedrooms, main living area, and make sure there is food. They can't look anywhere. Plus, if you really don't want to you don't have to let them in. (People say always let them in to show that you you don't have anything to hide) but you need to do what is right for you.

    I would say let them keep coming back and seeing that you are doing nothing wrong. If needed have other people come over (like a friend or neighboor) before letting them in so you have witness. Or if it gets bad hire a lawyer for falseing child service stuff and charges may be brought on them.

    I don't see how getting a order of protection is the answer espically if the father has rights (even if he made up fake shit). If you do that him & his girlfriend will be more pissed off and keep doing it.

    Hope that helps


    Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.