How do you feel about your in-laws?

I've heard horror stories of in-laws ignoring their grandchildren/nieces and nephews because they don't like their DIL. Do you have a good relationship with your in-laws?

3girlmomma

Asked by 3girlmomma at 7:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• Well I know that is my situation with my kids great-grandmother because her daughter dosen't like me..I tell you that we used to live in a duplex next to my husbands cousin. The only time the would see the kids if they came out to see his cousin. If she wasn't home they even bother. So what i did was to cut them off completely, because my kids don't deserve it. They are very respectful to them , nothing at all like his cousins kid who can act very unruly.
    Anonymous

• my MIL can't stand me because of the bad things my husband tells her about me. we argue constantly. she has already told me she won't keep our son for me.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 8:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Hate my MIL she is wants to be the center of everyones universe, the only thing anyone could get her and her like it would be a certificate she is the sickest person on the planet or a death certificate! If you lost both your legs she would try to find a dr to take her legs and arms off so she would be in worse shape than you! My poor father is law needs the strongest medication there is an a medal of honor for living with her! She warped her two sons to the point they just can't function in a normal relationship because of the way she always tormented them! If I had one Xmas wish it would be santa would put her in his sack and take her somewhere and drop her ass maybe at the south pole!
    Anonymous

• Thankfully I love my inlaws. But they have known me since I was a little kid. They appreciate the person I have become. Now that's not to say that they don't drive me absolutely bonkers every now and then!

We have a good relationship, but there are little snags once and a while...But it's that way with everyone I am sure.

evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 8:40 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I would like to get along with my in-laws more better, but sometimes it's not that way. I probably get more upset when they favor the other grandkids and not mine. I think that's what gets me irritated more. Other than that we have a descent relationship I guess.
    Anonymous

• I don't really have a relationship with my MIL, I talk often to one SIL and never talk to the other SIL. Just try to get along, and don't tell them too much about your relationship with your SO, it will come back to bite you.
    Anonymous

• I LOVE my FIL, he's a total sweetheart. As soon as he found out we were getting married, it was like I became his daughter. My MIL (they're divorced) I really don't know what I think of her sometimes. She's VERY hard to read and is very self-oriented. I think she's too critical of her sons (my DH and BIL) and doesn't really try to have a relationship with her grandkids unless we go see her or she visits us (only once a year, THANK GOD!)
    sarah3-CO

Answer by sarah3-CO at 10:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I wish my MIL didnt want to have a relationship with my baby because all she really wants is control. She has no idea how to take care of children and my husband threatens to leave me for not wanting to leave my 11 month old with her and also because of all the shit she talks behind my back. Last time we were there she was letting her chew on a plastic bag! Shes almost ruined my marriage and I dont really want her around my kid.
    JoonBug21

Answer by JoonBug21 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• my mil and bil are qrazy i actually belong to a mil group on cafemom with other women who dont get along with their mil. my mil hates me b/c i married her son and she wants him to live at home to take care of her and his bro. his bro is 49 and is capable of working but is an alcholic and would rather not. so no i do not get along w/ them i did get along w/ fil but he passed away a couple of years ago and i miss him so much. mt dh gets along w/ my mom and everyone else on my side of the family so at least we have that.
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 10:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• my MIL is a total bitch she hated me right when she first met me . she held our son once for about 5 seconds when he was 3 months old and never has since then. she tried to turn my Dh against me. she tries to act nice but i know she hates me and she even told my DH that i wasnt allowed in her house. but my DH said o well she will just have to throw her fit because where he goes i go and he loves me so she needs to get over it. but my FIL is nice to me he calls and loves my son hes always checking up on him and he would visit as much as he could when we lived back home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2008