What is the best way to get a goodnight's sleep?

I have not been able to get a good 7- 8 hours of sleep at night for about 4 months. I do not want to depend on sleep aids. Are there some things I can do so I can sleep without interruption?

Kim370

Asked by Kim370 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Health

• I wish I knew the answer, it seems to be an epidemic in this country. Decrease caffiene intake, make sure your bedroom is dark and cool, no tv in bedroom, warm bath, no exercise 1 hour prior to bedtime. Tried them all. They do help some people though.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 1:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• hot bath ?
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 9:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• can't live without my ambien otherwise I just don't sleep. Have tried everything they say - no tv in bedroom, relax wind down, bath, blah blah blah - if I don't take sleep aids - I simply don't sleep. Have you tried melatonin? that is a good herbal alternative
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Sleep in a different room from the SO/hubby. You can take volarian root to help you sleep. It's a natural sedative you can get at an herb shop or GNC it's non addictive and you wont be groggy the next day. Also Rozerem is a prescription sleep aid that is NON addictive and NON habit forming. You would have to see a Dr to get it though.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I take a warm bath and drink some hot tea about an hour before I want to pass out. It usually helps.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 7:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I take melatonin on occasion. A few days of taking that and I'm back on a good sleep schedule.
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011