P90X or Home tredmill and why?

I'm trying to decide which I should get for home use.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It really depends..
    P90X is a high intensity interval training program. It is hard and not for beginners. IF you are a beginner, I would suggest a treadmill to start out. It really depends on what you like though.
    P90X requires weights, pull up bar, Yoga Mat, and Yoga Blocks...It is a 90 say program and will give you great results IF you put all that you have into it.
    I have both.. I'm a runner so I use the treadmill all the time. I only use the Yoga on P90X as I don't care for Tony Horton.. I much prefer Insanity, but it is much more difficult than P90X. It will also depend on your fitness level. It will be much easier to begin a workout program on a treadmill if you are just beginning a workout regimen, if you are already in decent shape go for P90X.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Thanks I keep hearing great things about P90X. I think I'll have to start with the treadmill though like you said
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I agree with PP. I also agree that insanity is better.
    Miss_Kay

Answer by Miss_Kay at 9:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• which will you use--that is what is most important!
    treadmill- you walk/briskwalk/jog while watching tv/ listening to music. it will work & only your legs will get the soreness when you push yourself..
    p90x- is something you start & usually cannot keep up with trainer. but you do as much as you can, as long as you can. You WILL be sore if your working out to ur max & you will discover muscles u never knew you had.
    If you like staying comfortable or sticking with something you know. and dislike feeling like you "failed" treadmill is good.
    If being sore. being pushed. makes you want to go harder every day & you like everything being mixed up & seeing yourself (blood/tooth&nails) get better.. then p90x is good..
    Also if ur overweight. p90x will remind u every 5 minutes how overweight u are!
    There is a p90x group on CM & plenty ladies seen a diff. without the "extra" stuff.. just use nothing to start. and move to 3lb. 5lb.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Working out is finding out what will keep you coming back (or having a good mix of things to keep from getting bored/burned out). Ive had a treadmill. its boring & HURTS my chins. p90x is too hard & i just feel like a fat failure lol. videos are good its just finding the good ones thats hard. A gym- to embarrassing for me.
    So far the only thing i stuck with for 30 days was Wii Fitness (now id prefer kinects for xbox).
    Good luck! Ive struggled with losing weight since having dd 4yrs ago! :(
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• PX90
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 11:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Miss Kay have you used Insanity??? I'm dying to get it and DH and I plan on ordering it next week. I'm so excited to try it. OP a treadmill is a decent cardio workout, but isn't going to do much for adding overall lean muscle and tone the entire body, so I would try a system like P90X or Insanity. If you can't afford them there is a system extremely similiar to p90X called Supreme 90 Days and it's only $20 online and it's also available at Dick's Sporting goods and I saw it in my local Target the other day!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I own both. I haven't used my treadmill in a long time. It is great for cardio, but if you want strength training, P90X is the way to go. A good exercise program will incorporate cardio & strength training. If you are just starting out, I'd say do the treadmill and/or a different exercise program. P90X & Insanity (most intense workout I have done) are both tough & require a lot of time. Beachbody has a lot of great workouts. I started with Turbo Jam by Chalene Johnson. I love her & her workouts. I'm currently doing her Turbo Fire dvds (more advanced than Turbo Jam) and will start Chalean Extreme for strength training soon. I'm sure I'll use my treadmill again & use it along with any dvd programs that I have. Maybe you could spend a little bit less on the treadmill & also get workout dvds to try as well. It's always good to mix up your exercise routines. Best of luck to you.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• thanks. I need something for at home because of my work schedule
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011