What is the most money you are willing to spend on Christmas presents?

I have a SIL that spends waaay too much on presents, just curious what you all consider too much.

3girlmomma

Asked by 3girlmomma at 8:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• We draw names in our family and set an amount so everyone spends the same. As for my kids, I spend about $300 on each....
    Anonymous

• I have a Christmas Club account through work, so we always use that (~$700) plus a little more. We have always kept it around $150 each on our 2 boys, but this year we'll spend a little more on them because their stuff is getting more expensive. The rest of the Xmas club goes to nieces, nephews, parents and my husband and me.
    2boysmom703

Answer by 2boysmom703 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I'll spend up to $20 on my mom/dad/nieces/sisters, but I splurge on my daughter and husband... last year I probably spent about $500 combined on the two of them. I always end up spending money that could be for gifts on decorations for the house since we're just starting out... and I like nice wrapping paper with ribbons & bows. For each of us to have a special ornament from Hallmark each year ranges from $10-$15 each... that kind of stuff adds up.
    mrsvedaj

Answer by mrsvedaj at 9:40 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Well, currently I only buy for my immediate family. I buy for my girls and my grandbabies. My husband and I got ours last night, a new TV, computer and Blue Ray Disk..
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• This year it's about $500 for EVERYONE!! however I think I'm up to $400 and haven't bought for hubby yet OY VEY!!!! OH WELL if I go over a little it's all good. Especially if it's for hubby:):)
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 1:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2008