How can I get him to go??

My boyfriend has decided he does not want to be in the room when our child is born and I really want him to be in there. I think it would be a good experience for him. He is worried that it would basically ruin his sex drive to witness it. It is really important to me that he would be in there, has anyones husband/boyfriend ever decided on this?? And did they ever change their minds??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't think you should force him to be there if he doesn't want to be. I'm sure there are friends or family members that want to be there just as much. Compromise with him he can be at the hospital with you and in the room with you up until that point. I was in labor for 24 hours with my son. There are only a few moments up until you start pushing that are going to be uncomfortable with him. Just ask him to stay at the hopsital with you and be in the room, that he can step out in the moments it gets awkward.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 8:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Is he the childs father? Is he just your boyfriend and no relation to your child?
    Anonymous

• Let him know that he can stand beside you up close to your shoulders that way he won't see the baby actually coming through the birth canal. I want my hubby w/ me, but he said the same. He doesn't wanna see my cooch stretch that big, LOL! But what he doesn't see can't hurt him. He can still be in the room! Just not by your legs!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Have the two of you been through a childbirth class together yet? Knowledge is power and it may help him with wanting to go if he can see that it's not as bad as he thinks. Indeed he can stand by your head so nhe never sees a thing. In fact, doctors prefer that....keeps the dad out of the way.

Then again....mine made me slightly crazy and I wanted to throw him out at one point. In the long run I guess I'm glad I didn't...I really don't remember enough. (The ony thing drugs did for me...wiped the memory.)

Answer by gdiamante at 8:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I wouldn't force him too. It's really nice to have him there, and he could stand near your head instead of down by your who-ha. Just tell him how you feel, but don't be surprised if he still decides not to be in the room.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• just tell him not to look.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 8:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I wouldn't make him go but I think he would be missing out on the most wonderful thing in the world. My hubby wanted to stay with all three and nothing has changed.
    Anonymous

• oh my god men are wimps. i would make him be in the room
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2008