I just got seperated with my husband last sunday?

Ok this is my question I have called my husband the day before yesterday and I asked him to bring me a turkey to have a thanksgiving for my kids and to bring me other kinds of things that I needed and he nevered showed up so he sends the delivery man with some food today but i didnt take it so i told the delivey man to take it back to him and a half an hour later the delivery man came with my ex husband sister and tryed to give me the food do you think I am wrong of doin what I did?

MommyG203

Asked by MommyG203 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• Why did you do it? Did he not send the right stuff or are you just trying to get HIM to show up?

Very likely HE will not. Don't hold your breath for that and don't turn down food if you need it for the kids just because you're waiting on him.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• keep the food and if it's your husband u want to see then talk to him and tell him how u feel.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 8:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• That poor delivery guy was probably thinking "Just take the damn food!" ...

Anyhow, I would have taken the food and called your husband and maybe said, nicely, that it would have been nice if he would have delivered it. But why would you turn away the food? Just because he didn't bring it himself? Seems like a weird reason ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• You want to get your husbands attention don't call him, don't send him any messages, don't text him, no emails NOTHING! Show him your life goes on with or without him. Don't let him get a rise out of you by not showing up. He is only hurting your children, and will continue to hurt you as long as you allow it. He will start to wonder why he hasn't heard from you, why you aren't aking for anything and he will either make his mind up to make it work or you should move forward with divorce papers. do not let him have the control, this is yours and your childrens life. He sounds like he is trying to play mind games so beat him at his own game! Men hate to be one uped!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 8:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Why on earth would you ask him to bring you food in the first place? He is the last person on earth you should call unless one of your children are ill. If you two are getting a divorce then you need to be able to stand on your own two feet. There are no garuntees in life. He may drop from sight and never give you a dime for child support..just like mine did. I do it myself or not at all. Stop playing games....it is unhealthy for your children to see this crap
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2008