Can your cat or dog tell you when your about to go into labor?

I am almost 36wks pregnant, but with in the last couple of days my cat and dog have been fighting over who lays on my belly. Its not like their laying on the bottom of my belly they want to lay on the top.

SarahSheldon

Asked by SarahSheldon at 9:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My dog did all 3 times. She would get really clingy and whiny and wouldn't leave me alone! That was about a week or less with all 3 of my kiddos before I had them :-)
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yeah, animals can sense stuff like that. My cat suddenly got SUPER lovey with me right before I realized I was in labor. I've known a lot of people who had animals that started acting funny when they went into labor.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Never heard of it but I hope they can!
    jna1207

Answer by jna1207 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My cat ignored me in the end. She refused to come near me. It was strange but I do think that animals can sense these things.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Thank you all for your answers.
    SarahSheldon

Comment by SarahSheldon (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes they can sense a lot more than we know
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• both of my dogs have been super clingy the last few weeks i am 40 weeks and 1 day now lol...but the little one especially has a hard time leaving me alone...even now im sitting in my chair at the table and he got down to lay on my feet...they know when you are getting close i just hope he can tell me when im about to go into labor..yesterday i had some contractions and he stayed in front of my belly when i laid down the whole time like a little heating pad
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I have never in all my day heard of that. But to each his/her own!!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 3:24 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• This is my first pregnancy so I am unsure but I have a blue heeler and she can sense I'm pregnant. She herds me everywhere and won't leave me alone. She wants to go to the bathroom and in the shower with me!
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2011