If you could learn how to repair your DNA, would you?

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 10:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Health

• No I wouldnt. Science today admits they only know how 5% of it works. Would you really want them messing with your DNA? They cant even cloan animals right. Most of the time they try they get all kinds of bizzar results from mutations and extra limbs to organs on the outside of the body. If it's an exact copy of the animals DNA WHY then do 9 out of 10 cloans come out all messed up? I dont want them messing with my DNA. Did you see I am Legend? They basically turned most of humans on earth into killing zombie's from messing with DNA to try and cure diseases
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I am not talking about cloning or "messing around with DNA".

There is a simple, convenient and affordable way to prevent disease and get healthier
    MChildressDem

Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No, I don't think I'd want anyone messing with my DNA, besides which, far as I know, it isn't broken. You know the old saying, "if it isn't broken, don't fix it"....who's to say anyone's DNA is broken.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 10:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Do you have anyone in your family with a history of cancer, diabetes or cardiovascular disease?
    MChildressDem

Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Not to my knowledge. So they want to "fix" DNA in order to prevent illness. Hmmm, nice thought but as with anything else, it could and probably would eventually be taken to an extreme. If they could fix those things, who's to say what they'd try to "fix" later on and just WHAT they would decide needed "fixing". The "superior race" thing comes to mind...
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I am not talking about anything "radical" I am talking about naturally changing your DNA through healthy eating

www.spiceoflifemekajuiceplus.com
    MChildressDem

Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Healthy eating. Well to do that, we'd all need to be growing our own food or getting rid of all the stuff they put in foods and use to help crops grow bigger, better and faster. I wonder how many people could actually grow their own food and if they'd want to bother, even if it did mean they'd be healthier.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 1:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• no
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 1:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If I could "repair" certain health risks in my DNA, I would. Obesity runs rampant in my family and, while I'm not obese and nearly to my goal weight, I really don't want to chance it.. you know?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No. I wouldnt "repair" my DNA. Theres nothing wrong with it!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 7:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2011