I Hate Porn. adult content

How do you not let it bother you when your husband or SO watches porn? I do not like it, and my husband refuses to stop. Whenever I bring it up he acts like it's not a big deal and like I'm just insecure. I've told him how much it grosses me out/hurts my feelings/makes me not want to be intimate with him, and he blows it off. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe therapy ?
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 10:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have no idea. I watch porn more than my husband does. I have zero issues with it. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that my parents own a pornography business.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Everything in moderation...it isn't unhealthy
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 10:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I think the fact that your husband is blowing off your feelings is more the issue than any porn movie.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Wish I could help. I don't have a problem with porn though and have no problem with my fiance watching it. We watch it together:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• He doesn't watch it. I on the other hand have a porn collection that would make Hugh Hefner blush!

Problem solved. Truly I don't understand the issue. It's not like he's sleeping around.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I agree with ItsMe. If him watching porn is more important to him than you being uncomfortable with it, that would be a red flag to me.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i dont mind porn... but why would any man want to watch it alone??? watching it together is one thing... it can be kinda kincky... but if you dont like it, he should respect that. if my man was watching it alone... i would feel like what i have isnt good enough.. try to talk to him about the way it makes you feel when he plays like its not a big deal... no woman diserves to feel like crap!
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 10:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• This is the worst place to ask this question! There are so many people who think watching porn is a man's right and his wife should be ok with it. I'm one of those "prudes" who believes when a man commits himself to one woman, he aught to save his eyes and his arousals for that one woman, and anything outside of that is unfaithfulness. I would not stay with a man who was getting off on watching other women. Don't listen to anyone who tells you you're being ridiculous!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Me too Hate it
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2011