Does anyone know what you call twins that are born days or weeks apart?

i knew this answer but for some reason i have "separate twins" stuck in my head and i know that's not it. i tried googling it and i just came up with stories of twins being born at different times, but not the actual name. i'm doing a report on medical phenomenons and i chose this because i have a close friend who is this kind of twin. she is 2 weeks younger than her twin fraternal sister but neither of them, nor their mother, remember the name either. does anyone know what they're called. it wouldn't sound very medically accurate to talk about "fraternal twins born days or weeks apart"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in

• Well they are still twins seeing as they both resulted from the same pregnancy. Irish twins is a term used for kid's born 9 months apart.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• monoamniotic twins
    halo4

Answer by halo4 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• ok here's a link that says twins born 63 days apart are still called twins.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/twin-boys-born-63-days-apart-and-yes-they-are-still-called-twins-1231025

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i know that. this is a phenomenon in which a woman is pregnant with fraternal twins, goes into labor, delivers 1, and then labor stops, and then the woman goes into labor again days or weeks later and delivers the other. there is a name for them but i don't remember and yes they are still twins. like i said the term "separate twins" is in my head for some reason
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• no halo, monoamnionic twins are identical twins that share one sack and one placenta. not what i explained above
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Not monoaminotic twins mono twins share a sac and if that sac rupture then both would be born. Don't know the names you are looking for. My triplets were born min apart not days
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 10:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't know the name of it, but I remember a few years ago there was this woman that was on a talk show because her twins were born 3 months apart I think. One had been premature and they stopped her labor with the other. How odd would that be?!? Especially when it came to your 1st, 16th, 18th and 21st bdays!
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 10:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• sorry i read it wrong lol
    halo4

Answer by halo4 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i found it. they're called "delayed twins" lol, don't know how that slipped my mind
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• That makes sense! What about twins that are concieved at different times? I think my brother and sister were.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2011