Sleepovers

how old were your kids when you first let them stay at a friends?? my 8yo son is mad i havent let him yet

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• So far they haven't. My oldest isn't going to be 5 til May and doesn't have "friends" yet, just family. But whenever they want to, I'll let them. I used to spend entire weekends at my friends house growing up and those are some of my favorite memories.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I stayed at my friend's house for the first time in third grade. It's your call, just make sure you have contact numbers and the address and your son will be fine. :)
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 10:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I was 4 the first time I spent the night with a friend. Of course, the family was a family friend, so it was OK. I think the next time I spent the night with friends (or better yet, they spent with me) was ~3rd or 4th grade.

If you trust the family your child is spending the night with, I see no problems letting your son go spend the night. Of course, the decision is totally up to you.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well, I just have an 18-month-old, but I might let him stay at someone's home at 8 as long as I knew them well.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i dont know my oldest is only 3 but if there not family i can be kinda weird when it comes to my children. i think even 8 is kinda young but like most peopl said your call and as long as you know the kids and parents and trust them it should be ok.
    adriana1024

Answer by adriana1024 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• we watch friends kids, so age 3
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• As long as you know the people he will be staying with, and you trust them, and have a way to reach them in case of emergency, I don't see anything wrong with letting him spend the night.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 1, 2011