Where can I buy Organic Wax for making Candles?

I tossed all the candles in the house, along with everything else that wasn't organic (cleaners, soaps, shampoos, yadda yadda...) Now, I want to make some candles for myself. I have found a number of places that sell Organic Wax Candles, but none that sell supplies to make my own...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• GOOGLE for organic wax suppliers. Im sure you will find many online for it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Been there done that. And NO, I didn't find a single place. Why would I ask here if I didn't already try to find it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Honey bee farmer.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'm up north, I don't think we have those here...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Here in our place, the organic wax is available. Just send me messages to deliver to your address.
    It is affordable...
    Sew-sun

Answer by Sew-sun at 11:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• By "organic" wax, I assume you mean not petroleum based?
    I have seen people selling Beeswax on Etsy.com and there is a lot of Soy Wax out there. I am trying not to buy anymore conventional candles either...but the healthier ones are SO expensive. I may start making them myself too!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 1:09 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Pretty much any 100% natural beeswax or soy wax would be what you want. I don't think there is any real "organic wax" for candle making where the small company goes through the process of legally being allowed to use the term "organic"....the licensing costs tens of thousands of dollars....but 100% natural waxes contain no chemicals or fragrance oils. Of course the soy most likely is derived from GMO seed, but since you aren't ingesting it, that's not to much of a problem....but you may be able to search the keyword :organic soy wax" if you wanted to make sure it was not GMO derived.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2011