Why do electric ovens cook so unevenly?

Yes, my stove is clean, two years old, and the coils are heating up like they did the first day i got it. Ihave had a gas stove too. I had no problem with it.Can I ask what name brand do all of you use? May be i should change name brand oven. This oven was not a cheap oven. Do you think i need to change to another name brand oven?

Glo402813

Asked by Glo402813 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I have a GE electric oven and have not had a problem with uneven heating. Maybe call the store and ask them why or the maker and ask them. It could be the coil needs to be replaced already. You cant really mess with the coils in an electric oven. They get weird and heat unevenly after being moved for cleaning.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It probably isn't the cooktop, but your cookware. If it isn't FLAT, the coils aren't heating it evenly as they aren't touching the surfaces evenly.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I used to work for ge and sometimes what happens is after time they need to be recalibrated and that maybe what is needed here. It is 2 yrs old. Call thcompany or call the store.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 10:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• ours is a POS.. :(
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• ours works great and its old lol
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Sometimes odd little things can make it not work right - if it's not sitting totally level, it can bake unevenly. I still say there's some other problem with it.
    Anonymous

• Oh - and mine's a very inexpensive Kenmore, works beautifully. In fact, it's better than my mom's super-expensive one. It's outlasted one of her "name brand" ones already.
    Anonymous

• Gas ovens are a thing of beauty - I didn't use one until I bought my house. Electric can cook unevenly, I agree.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Ugh, no idea
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:44 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• wish i knew
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2011