What is the most stupid fight you and your DH/SO/LP have ever gotten into?

Share, please :)

For me, it was over chocolate milk - I think. It was a few years ago, and DH and I were sitting on the couch watching tv late one night. I got up, went to the bathroom, and went and fixed myself a glass of chocolate milk. When I came back, it went like this:

Him: "Where's mine?"
Me: "Oh, you want some?"
Him: "God, (Duster), you are so friggin' selfish! I wish you'd think about someone other than yourself for a change!"
Me: "So....you don't want any?"

At that point, he stormed off to bed, and nearly 3 days went by before he spoke another word to me. I made no apologies, and neither did he. I don't even know what that was all about! Surely it wasn't *really* about the milk.

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 10:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Here goes....We were dating...and young, so yea...

Me "How much money do we have?"
    Him "40. 40 for me, 40 for you."
    Me "You mean, 20 for you, 20 for me?"
    Him "No, I said 20."
    Me "No, you accidentally said 40 for me, 40 for you."
    Him "NO. I. DID NOT! I said TWENTY for me, TWENTY for you."
    Me "WTH. You said FORTY. Why are you being so prideful. It's not a big deal. Can't you just say you might have said it wrong?"
    Him "No because I know I didn't!"
    and the fight escalated in to a scream match and ended in me trying to leave him, and him holding on to my leg being dragged across the floor crying while I was walking away...Lol. We made up a few minutes later though.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 3:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Um, wow, hmmm.

My husband and I frequently fight about playing video games. We play WoW together, and there are these quests we deem as "loot quests" (for those that are reading, they are quests in which you have to pick up certain items from certain beings you kill...and they don't always drop). Sometimes I get mine done first, cuz it just happens to drop that way, sometimes he does...but we both get frustrated when we've killed 10 of these beings and the item doesn't drop on any of them...but yeah. Stupid stuff to fight about. Its a GAME, afterall...suppose to be FUN :/
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Talk to him about it
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Oh, it was several years ago. I'm sure he doesn't even remember it, it just sticks out in my mind as a very stupid (and funny) fight.
    DusterMommy

Comment by DusterMommy (original poster) at 1:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• We never fight, but this was the stupidest exchange we've ever had:

I was going to make a Venezuelan pot roast for a party and I asked him to bring home some white wine vinegar. He came home with a gallon of plain, cheap white vinegar. I fussed at him "This is not the right thing! Read the label!" His eyes did a little shimmy. "Well...they didn't have any...oh crap, I can't lie, I thought they were the same thing!" "That's why I wrote 'white wine vinegar' on the list!"

Ever since then, this has been a running joke with us.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• The stupidest fight I have had with my hubby was over the freaking tv...I was watching something and he got mad at me because he wanted to watch something but didnt ask to watch his show. So I got up and went to the bedroom and he through the remote and broke it.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2011