What to do when your best friends have all moved away

Although I have a best friend and lover who i live with, he is a guy and it's just not the same as having my best girlies around. I know I have to get over this since people grow apart naturally and start families, but even after 3 years now, it feels like parts of my heart are far far away in Bakersfield and Santa Cruz for example. Although I see them a couple times a year for the holidays, I just miss them so much. I have made new friends, but I don't find myself setting aside special time for them, as if I have more important things to do. The new friends just don't compare, even in a million years if I got to know them better. My dearest friends are gone and I may plan to attend a grad school with one of them from santa cruz, the other financially can't go to college or move from her mom's house, so essentially she's stuck there, and I would hate to live where she lives. I love her so much, but don't know if I could or should sacrifice what I have going on to be closer to her. She is trying to get a job but she has fibro myalga so it's hard for her to work since she's in a lot of pain.
This seems so miniscule to what's going on in the rest of the world, but it finally hit me what I've been lacking in my life, and it's my old buddies. Even later in my life when I meet new soul mates, I'm sure the same thing will happen again, they will move and I will miss them. Does anyone have similar experiences? Would you ever plan to change your life to live closer to them??

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 10:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• just keep living :) i know you miss your friends but you will be fne cause life goes on. and no i wouldnt change my life for anyone except myself. good luck!
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 2:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If you could go ahead I miss all my dear friends, I know how you feel
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 10:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Get out there and make new ones and new memories
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2011