Sciatica

I'm having issues with my sciatic nerve, I called my doctors office, but they won't be getting back to me until the morning, I can barely walk, does anyone know what I can do in the meantime?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• lay on your side opposite the pain, have DH apply alternating heat and cold to the affected pain area. Hope this provides some relief. I've suffered with this on and off for years!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i would try to rest..get up only if needed.. my sciatcia was screwed up from the time i was 4 months pregnant til i gave birth.. it was awful!!! :( i am sorry you are going through that..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I am also suffering from sciatica right now. Besides resting, I've found what helps me is a nice, warm bath.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 11:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Warm bath is the best
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I *knock on wood* have never experienced scaiatic pain but I know many who have and I've heard that a chiropractor can be helpful. Hope you get some relief soon!
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i have had sciatica for almost 10 years...in pregnancy its even harder to deal with because a lot of things you did before you cant do now like i used to lay on my stomach and stretch out my legs on the side that hurt...typically it works to lay on your left side even if thats the side that hurts have your SO rub that side take some tylenol because right now thats all that you can take(and i know it usually isnt strong enough to take care of it) make sure you lay on a heating pad but dont turn it up too high because you dont want to get your core temp too high either..its a lot of trial and error when you are pregnant with sciatica to see what works..ive had to do it all but warm baths didnt help at all because it hurt so much to get back up out of the tub
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am currently suffering with the same problem. PLEASE BE CAREFUL. I have been to the hospital a total of three times because I've fallen on my tummy. I was told by my doctor that there is nothing they can do for me because I am so far along (37weeks) I usually take Tylenol or Tylenol pm (that doesn't rid of the pain it makes it somewhat bearable). If possible have someone help you around if you decide to take Tylenol pm. Ensure there is nothing on the floor that you have to step over, make that walk to the bathroom or kitchen as smooth as possible. Try also lying on your sofa it will help cushion your hips and back. Good luck and I'm sooooooo sorry you're enduring this type of pain.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 3:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011