My daughter is 7, today I noticed a brownish mark outside of her short...asked her about it and her panties were covered in this brownish discharge... adult content

I'm freaked out, taking her to the doctor tomorrow but i'm just curious what could have caused that??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Could it be her first period? Does she have breast buds yet or any pubic hair?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Sounds like she got her period. But brownish means old blood.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Wow, that's scary on a 7-yr old. I'd be freaked out too. If she is showing other signs of puberty, it could be menstruation, but wow that's pretty young. She didn't hurt herself? Could she have been molested?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• She is SEVEN!

she has NO signs of puberty...underarm or pubic hair, no B.O. not breast buds...nothing!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't want to upset you or freak you out, but is there a possibility of sexual abuse? That would be my main concern and I would take her into the ER right now to have her tested "down there" to see if the doctors can find anything out of the ordinary you would not want that kind of stuff to wash away before she can be seen.
    Did you ask her if anything happened? Is she cramping? I have heard of girls starting super young, but not quite that young. Tomorrow just might be too late. There is also the possibility of bleeding internally.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have no idea, I'd be worried too. But she'll be fine until tomorrow. I hope you can find the answer!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I know this sounds really bad to ask but do you think someone would have done something to her? 7 is really young for that but anything is possibe I guess. Just sounds odd to me, depending on that the doctor said I would do some deep investigating...
    Anonymous

• sound s like she got her period early, so girls do and some dont.
    coffeeexpress

Answer by coffeeexpress at 10:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I asked her if she hurt herself and she said no.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Getting a period at 7 isn't unheard of. But if she's showing no signs then only thing you can do is take her to the doctor or ER.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2011