Should gay marriage be legal?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Marriage is a state issue..... Do I think MY state should acknowledge ssm? Sure.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Here we go. These kinds of topics just incite so much disagreement I don't understand why it continually gets posted - no one will EVER agree on this. I believe all HUMANS should be allowed to enter into a legally binding "love" contract if they so choose and have legal rights as the others partner of choice - marriage is not this sacred thing that can only be between man and woman - hogwash.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Absolutely not. Gays do not bother me, but it is very againt the Bible. Anything against the Bible is against me.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 10:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I get that it is against some people's religion... People don't seem to realize that EVERYONE has different beliefs. Why should certain beliefs overrule the rights of others. It's ridiculous.

Everyone should get to marry whoever they want. I mean, sex outside of marriage is against the bible, yet people do it all the time, and they aren't being condemned for it. Why should gays be condemned for loving someone of the same sex. How is SOMEONE ELSE'S marriage going to effect people? Anyone remember when it used to be wrong for people of different races to marry? Now it's accepted.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2011