End of the school year party?

We live on a military base overseas... It's almost the end of the school year, and I was thinking, since a lot of the families will be moving this summer, it would be a nice idea to have an end of the year party... Mostly just a "hanging out" type thing... My DS is in preschool, so it wouldn't be anything to actually celebrate...There are 13 kids in the class. I was thinking maybe bowling...We can afford to pay for the bowling (it's $8/hr/lane, and we'd need probably 4 lanes for 2 hours, so $64), but we can't afford to FEED everyone...Would it be okay to ask parents to bring a dish, side, snack, drink, or supplies (cups, plates, napkins, etc)? This way ALL of the children can eat (and it wouldn't be a situation where some kids are eating and drinking and others not being able to). Also, how would you write it?

laird6372

Asked by laird6372 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• This would be perfectly fine, just write the invites as 'Bowling & a Carry-In' and list all the details, I'm sure most people wouldn't mind contributing if you pay for the bowling part :)
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 11:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• You could either call it Bowling and Pot Luck lunch or you could just arrange it to be about two o'clock or late morning so food doesn't even have to be in the equation, or late AM you could probably do donuts and coffee and say bring your breakfast favorites
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2011