Having problems eating

i'm 22 weeks pregnant and at the beginging of my pregnacy i had a pretty good appitite but now im never hungry, i kno im to eat but when i do eat and im not hungry i end up throwing it all up, now i talked to my doctor about it and he told me that its fine as long as i eat but i dont see the whole point if i eat nd litterally 2 min later i throw it up.... and im not gaining the weight im suppose to, they said i need to gain 5 pounds a month nd i havent gained anything in 2 months nd at my last visit i lost weight... is this normal?

mrstumminelli

Asked by mrstumminelli at 10:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• even if you eat and puke it up a few minutes later, your body is still getting some of the nurients it needs... it will pass dont worry. try to keep yourself away from stressful situations and eat small amounts of things... keep away from things with a lot of acid.. fruit and spicey stuff.. try not to eat of drink to much dairy because it sours in your stomach to fast. snack on crackers and things with salt.. it will help to keep your food down.. drink lots of water and relax.... Huggs!
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 10:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It can be normal, and I wouldn't worry unless your doctor tells you too. Typically vomiting in pregnancy is a good sign you will have a healthy baby since your body is naturally getting rid of the toxins in it. Also, at 22 weeks your baby is much larger now and pushing in on your stomach and bladder (hence having to pee all the time and lack of appetite.)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Just eat lol
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i have gone up and down on my weight the whole time in fact last week i lost 9 pounds at 39 weeks...but i had a stomach virus but even if you throw it up everytime you eat you need to eat something here and there and try to make it smaller meals to see if that helps you keep anything down..also try and find something that you can keep down..anything you put into your body the baby will take what it needs from and if you arent putting anything or enough in it will take it all from you and by the time you deliver you will be too weak to even hold the baby..i had a friend who threw up the entire pregnancy no matter what she ate except lasagna...try and see what you can keep down and eat the crap out of it..and remember that you are not just eating to take care of the baby either it is also making you strong enough to stand labor and delivery
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• thanks everyone! i do eat all the time dont get me wrong i jus hate that it comes right back up even when i drink cold water, it'll come right back up cold lol
    mrstumminelli

Comment by mrstumminelli (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2011