My husband has been acting weird

idk if its just me or not but it seeems like ever since i got the baby bump and the baby started moving it seems like my husband doesnt wanna touch me anymore... what should i do about it?

mrstumminelli

Asked by mrstumminelli at 11:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• some guys are just creeped out by it - I'm not really sure there is anything you can do. It's a shame some guys get so weird with pregnancy. Maybe he just needs a little reassurance that he isn't going to break you or hurt the baby and that a healthy sex relationship is great for you both.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My hubbs says he might just be nervous about hurting the baby. Just ask:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Men are strange creatures. He could be kinda wierd-ed out by the baby inside you, and maybe by the whole pregnancy/baby thing. Just be patient, try to encorage him to touch you. But if he doesn't wanna touch "the bump", don't push it. My hubby was always wierd about pregnancy too, but we now have 6 kids and he loves them. Good luck!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It's normal for the hubby to feel a little 'weird' during pregnancy as he is getting used to you & baby just as much as you are. He's trying to cope with seeing you as both his 'sexy wife' and a mother, so he may feel a bit awkward, especially if he's afraid of intimacy because he might 'hurt' the baby. Let him know it's okay if he's nervous, baby is protected perfectly by your body.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 11:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• see if it would be better for him to talk to the dr. maybe a proffessional telling him its ok and actually good to have sex might help him out.
    adriana1024

Answer by adriana1024 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• These are all good answers. If I were you, I'd just ask him point blank if you haven't already.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• HE is probably scared talk to him !
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• he will get use to it because it take s while. My husband was the same way but it didnt take long after he felt the baby move. Its weird for guys to see there gf and wifes with a pregnant belly.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 9:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• thanks everyone i talked to him nd he is getting better, i guess like u said, its jus weird for him to see me like this
    mrstumminelli

Comment by mrstumminelli (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2011