What age do u think is the lastest for a kid to stop drinking a bottle?

my daughter just turned 16 months and only drinks one bottle a day.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• I stopped giving my DD a bottle at about a year and a half
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 11:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• 18 months
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 11:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It's ultimately your choice when to wean, but formula states that children can eat it until between 2-3 years, same as nursing. That would be my guess.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 11:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• By the age of 1 year, if they weren't breastfeeding still (only my oldest), they were drinking out of sippy cups.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My pediatrician says by one yr old they should be off a bottle BUT my oldest was 2 1/2 when she gave up the bottle and my 2nd dd was 7 months old and my youngest is 13 months old and still drinks a bottle so every child is diff and ever family/household is diff. In my opinion I would say anything past 2 is probably not a good idea.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My daughter finally gave hers up when she was 17 months. She never had it in public past 10-11 months, she only took it at nap time and during naps. However, DS still takes his all the time, he just dosent like sippys. He is 14 months old and I am hoping to get him switched soon. As long as he is off the bottle by the time he is 2 I dont really mind.
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 11:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• 1yr. old you need to show her the cup at lunch time and no drinks at bed time maybe only nap time a little but still a cup for that too.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Our doc said she didn't push it unless a child was 18 months old and still getting a bottle. Mine were weaned from the bottle at 16 months, 13 months, 9 months (her choice), and 17 months.
    Anonymous

• lastest? LOL Um, by 2 at the latest!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2011