BAD WORDS

Have any of you mom's ever said a bad word in front of your kids and what happen?

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• i remember my son being 20 months old.. or 19 months. my MIL was holding him and she couldnt get her front door open and she says 'oh shit'.. this child couldnt talk he could barely hear but of course he heard that and said 'oh shit'....
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Thats crazy...
    butterflies78

Comment by butterflies78 (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I say them all the time in front of my baby, he doesnt speak yet but I know he's learning them, I feel so bad, but sometimes I cant control myself, especially during a fight with the dad... I feel like a terrible mother, sometimes.
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 11:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i used to play luta's "move bitch" song when it first dropped and my 2 year old desided he would finally talk on a 6 hr trip with my mother n law, and when we were at a red light with a car in front he happend to stay " MOVE BITCH"! Needless to say it was a VERY LONG RIDE.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I have taught my son not to say bad words and I try to watch my mouth around him but let's face it now days it's almost impossible to keep your kids from bad language so I just try to teach him when he says something bad he will get in trouble. Sometimes he will say them though and I have such a hard time not laughing because he uses them in such a funny way. The other day (he is 3) he was spinning the dog in the chair and he told my brother he needed to tell him a secret and he whispered "I was spinning cash in the chair and he was like 'what the hell'" It was so hard not to laugh!
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• LOL... HAHA ... My 2yr. old was mad at me the other day because i told him to come inside and i know he wanted to say a bad word after he had called me HOT DOG... it was so funny..
    butterflies78

Comment by butterflies78 (original poster) at 1:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i say bad words in front of my daughter all the time. As soon as i heard my daughter say the F word to me at age 2. i scolded her. Then i proceeded to tell her all the bad words, so that she would know that they are bad. I told her kids are not allowed to say them but it's okay for adults to say it. She understood and never said the F word ever again. And she never repeats any bad words she hears. Every one has different ways of parenting. I choose not to shelter my kid and to tell her the truth. She's almost 6yrs old now and she has great manners.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 1:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I admit I am a curser, but my kids know better than to repeat them, I cn honestly say that I have never heard any of them say it! ( 8,5,4,1) he baby cant talk yet ( 4 monthes) I try to atch my mouth, but my success levelisnt so great!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:17 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• They repeat it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2011