At what age?

At what age did you start letting your little one start bathing by themselves alone in the bathroom?

momoftaterbug

Asked by momoftaterbug at 11:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• we let our 5 year old son take showers by himself.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• At ~3 I think my little ones were ready to take baths by themselves...of course my 2 youngest have always loved taking baths together...I cannot separate them! If I tried to give one a bath, the other would strip naked and climb in there with sissy. They are now 4 and 5. I'm not ready to let 5 year old take a shower by herself, she has skin problems (eczema), and I'm not sure how shower would effect it :/
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My son can bathe by himself now and he just turned 3. I would not leave him alone in the room at all until he turned 3, but now I can at least sit in the hallway on my laptop :P~
    I'll just hang out in the next room and check on him. He plays, sings...and then I go in and wash his hair after a while:)
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 11:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• 3-3 1/2, depending on the kid. Might have been closer to 4 for my 3rd child because she is so accident prone. She still normally bathes with her younger sister (she's 8 1/2 and her sister is 5).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My son is five, and can wash his body and hair, but I don't think it is a good idea to leave a child alone in water ever. My dad drowned at 67 in his own back yard because he was swimming alone. NEVER EVER go in the water alone, no matter how old you are..the buddy system is always best with water. Now, run grab a towel for 5 seconds when they are older is fine, but I am just a freak about the water...and I have a pool!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011