rip off on craigslist california sf bay area

theres a person that has been posting an ad for elmo live dolls
here in california they sell for around 60. well
3 weeks ago this person asked for 130 for them!
then a 100
now 70
their excuse is that they are not ripping ppl off. that their are plenty of rich ppl that will buy for over store prices.
and no one really shops anymore.
also near xtmas they ll be sold out soon and blah blah blah.
yeah it is christmas time so wouldnt you think they would cut a deal? not a scam?
what do u think of ppl like that?
i think its selfish.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Shopping

• yes I agree. I would try to report her. It's not right. The times are hard now and if anything I dont care if rich people can afford to pay more but why use folks. THey should be selling them reasonably and then that way they could get rid of them. I hate it when any of these folks come on craigslist and try to scam folks. I'm really feeling some kinda way about these sites now
    I feel there are probably good people still out there willing to buy and sell w/o using folks but the bad ones really make it bad for us good ones
    thanks for sharing
    flea575

Answer by flea575 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I love Craigs list but cant stand people like that...did you try to report her?
    Anonymous

• Sounds like supply and demand to me. I wouldn't have the time or the energy to do it but there are worse things people do to make a buck.

I'd never wait in line or spend any huge amount of money to get my kid a toy. I'd wait until one was available later in the year.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 10:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Report her for what? You don't want it, don't buy it. Sounds pretty simple to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• ofcourse u think its ok for ppl to be selfish and rip ppl off right? yeah you do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2008