Do they think before they talk ---------------------------

have you every slaved in the kitchen all day long make great meal
well the other night i did just that
made two meat-loafs one for me and the kids
one for my hubby
well the table was set we all sat down and hubby make rude remake
in how if he eat he will throw up
now i am good cook and i have never made meal that will make people
sick i also never have burn a meal
so why did he even think to say let alone crush me
when he cooks i say thank-you that was good
when adult kids make i thank them so what up
i did tell i would never ever say that to anyone so why me
i even walk away went to my room and how dare after 31yrs of bless
that now i would kill or make him sick
yes do they think before the talk i wounder
i don't make supper all the time but when i do it is dame good
just woundering have you ever had this happen to you

dutchcanadain

Asked by dutchcanadain at 11:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Dh's kids have often been rude with my cooking. They are adults too. It has made me mad as a wet hen. So rude. I'm one of those folks that if you make me something I damn sure will not tell you it is awful. In fact, my brother made a cheesecake awhile back and it was the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth. He ruined it. I did not say a word. I thanked him for it and went on my way.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I love a friend's response: oh, you don't want any? Okay. [dump his in the trash, sit back down and eat]

My husband values his life too much to do anything like this. Having had a time in our marriage when the division of labour was grossly unfair, so I stopped playing (I made myself things for dinner that he did not like and only made one portion... washed only my laundry, etc.) my husband has every reason to be grateful for --and not take for granted-- the work I do.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• my husband tells everyone im a horrible cook an i burn everything!... which is only half the truth hahaha.. but when i do cook good food he says thank you an its good or what not.. if its gross he will tell me ..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My husband as always thanked me for meals I've prepared even if some were so horrible even I wouldn't eat it, lol That was very rude and I suggest you go on strike and not cook for him until he appreciates all the hard work & love you put in to cooking his meals :) Believe me, he'll change his attitude after he has to fix his OWN meals for awhile.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I remember my father telling me that once he made the mistake of telling my mother that he could have made dinner better then she could and since that comment he had been the cook.... thankfully so... my mother was a horrible cook- luckily for my husband I learned to cook from my father
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 2:50 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I ignore comments made by my 6 yr old but if my husband had acted like yours I would. for the sake of family, said nothing but the next night I would have not made dinner I would have made the kids sandwiches or something they liked and when the dear hubby of mine asked for dinner I would have reminded him of the night before and didn't want to bother making him feel a need to puke again
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• why in the hell did you make that ingrate a seperate meatloaf? If he doesnt want to eat what you cook for the family and appreciate it then he knows where the closest MCD is
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• They don't think before they speak, some men not all like to bring you down when they see you have confidence about something, my father has made comments about my cooking and it was hurtful but he complains about everything some people just aren't happy without complaining
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2011