Could it be him trying to comfort me?

As most of you know, my Grandpa passed away Saturday. I went to his visitation and funeral and right now am not coping very well. I posted a journal about this. Anyway, I started listening to the song If You Could See Me Now as one of the ladies in my journal posting suggested and I started bawling. I immediately felt this weird cold chill throughout my entire body and got goosebumps but it felt comforting and I've stopped crying for the time being. I still have the goosbumps too. I wonder if it is my Grandpa? or if I'm just crazy. What do you think?

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Could be both...

Grief does some strange things, physiologically. Be gentle with yourself and rely on your beliefs about life, death and the afterlife to find comfort in now.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Oh I'm sorry to hear it. I was really close to my Grandma so I know how you feel. Yes, it is what you think it is.It's a gift, embrace it.
    Anonymous

• Of Course, You are Not Crazy.......... you are Grieving your Grandpa- he is probably giving you a sign that he is o.k. & at Peace now- i am So Sorry for your loss-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Anything is possible :)
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 11:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Am sorry your hurting so much,my belief is that someday we'll see our families again. Hang in their it will be okay. U also think that our loved ones that have passed on are closer than we think.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• meant to say I
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Don't know, but I wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'm so sorry for your loss. It's very possible that he did let you know that all is fine.
    daps

Answer by daps at 6:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My condolences. If believing that helps you through your grief, by all means. I hope you find some peace.

My physical reaction to stress/grief is much what you described. Mental/emotional shock often have the same physical affects as physical shock.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Sorry foryour loss.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 7:53 AM on Apr. 1, 2011