Boys Sharing Room?

I want to move my almost 6mo old son into the room with my 22 mo old son, problem is the baby still gets up a few times to nurse at night. I've been told mostly to just go for it there is no easy way. Is there any advice as to how to go about this?

childofGod51509

Asked by childofGod51509 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My boys have shared forever. Yes, just jump in and do it. You'd be surprised at how much the older one will sleep through. Also, you can get some sort of sound/white noise machine to drown out everything else...keep on low so you can hear the baby monitor.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My 4 yr old and 2 yr olds share a room and have been for a yr now, my 2 yr old still wakes up in the middle of night(screaming for milk) and my 4 yr old just sleeps right through it lol. good luck.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• my boys have shared a room from the day my youngest came home from the hospital. I say as others do just go for it.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well... it can turn out 2 ways.... A. Your 22 month old might be a little upset by the crying in the middle of the night B. Your 22 month old might like having his little brother in the room with him.. make him feel more secure. When I was in your situiation... I did end up waiting until my son was in a toddler bed before I moved him into his older brothers room. I did "try" to have him sleep in his crib in his brothers room.. but it didn't go as smoothly as I thought. Give it a try.
    kristinamalek

Answer by kristinamalek at 1:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• your 22 month old will probaly sleep right thru the baby crying
    Lenore0708

Answer by Lenore0708 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2011