I have a few questions about disability checks and those who recieve them

my daughter has a job...but she gets a supplement disability check
she wants to move 300 miles away in with a cousin and I think this is a wonderful idea!

can she quit her job and go to collecting full benefits until she finds another job?

PIOG

togo90210

Asked by togo90210 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm surprised that she's working and receiveing benifits. I was told that if I work I would loose my benefits. When she moves in with her cousin they may adjust her benefits to fit the total incomeof the household even though they are cousins. Mine is based on the income of my mother's benefits from an IRA even though I do not receive any of that money. I hope for the sake of your daughter I'm wrong when it comes to the area she lives in. I would have her look into it before moving if she can. Be sure that everything the benefit rep tells her is either in writing or backable with rules and regs. You never can tell with the agency that calculates benefits.
    JodenaLeigh

Answer by JodenaLeigh at 2:30 AM on Apr. 1, 2011