Can being on your feet all day cause a little bit of spotting ?

I woke up around 11:30 am started cleaning and washing washed about 3 loads of clothes and we have a two story house so im climbing up and down the stairs and I took my daughter to play outside around 2 didnt come back inside till 4:30 I brought some clothes up from the laundry room folded the clothes put them away took a shower gave my daughter a bath went to HEB for an 30 minutes went to my father in law's house came home took my daughter out of her car seat cus she was asleep brought her up stairs then put the food away then changed and finally got to relax but last week on the 25th which was friday I had sex and I started spotting afterwards so I dont know if its starting back up the spotting after sex didnt stop till this past monday now its gonna be friday well anyways when I went to the restroom a little while ago I wiped and I had a streak of blood mixed with discharge and then 5 minutes later I went to the restroom again and there was nothing so im confused im not cramping im just having a little bit of pressure down there when I lay down any advice ladies btw im 16 weeks .

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• could just be doing too much and with the pressure it doesnt help.. not too i am not too sure
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:05 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Its certainly possible that overexerting and sex can cause spotting. I would call your doctor and let them know. They may or may not be concerned. I'd say as long as your not cramping your fine. Lay down on your left side and drink lots of water.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It could be because of the excessive activity or it could be some irritation on the cervix from intercourse.

Typically you DO want to report any bleeding during the 2nd trimester to the doctor just to make sure everything is okay since you are past hormonal bleeding or implant bleeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Overexertion is probably the cause of your spotting. Just take it east, put your feet up, get lots of water and good nutrition. I would call your care provider tomorrow and just give them a heads up.

I spotted off and on during both of my pregnancies both from sex and overexertion. As long as it's mild spotting and no cramping I wouldn't worry about it.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 1:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2011