My 6 month old keeps throwing up even though there is nothing in her stomach. She is still nursing mostly, not eating a lot of solids yet. What can I do for her?

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 12:05 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Talk to the doc
    kristinamalek

Answer by kristinamalek at 1:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• She may be hitting a growth spurt & therefore tries to eat more, faster & gets air so she spits up more. My baby just started spitting up a lot even after only nursing for 2-3min, he's at his 2 month milestone.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 12:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Also, she has no fever or any other symptoms. Help us, please.
    krissyvelazquez

Comment by krissyvelazquez (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• possibly acid reflux, id take her to the doc.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• BUMP
    alleaeon

Answer by alleaeon at 12:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• if she's throwing up even when she's not eating, I would take her to a doc....a situation that happened to me yesterday actually...my 2 1/2 year old daughter started vomiting (bad)...no flu (she was tested)...her oxygen levels had dipped to 88 and we took her to the ER. Did chest xrays, blood work, urine samples, etc, etc...turns out, b/c of her shortness of breath and the way her diaphragm was pushing on her abdomen, that's what was making her vomit. she wasn't keeping anything down. And when her tummy was empty, she would just heave and throw up whatever liquid was in her tummy...anyway, not trying to scare you, but my point is, if it's not normal then it's worthy of being seen by a doc....in a baby that young, you run the risk of rapid dehydration....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• well i just took my 5 month old to the ER the other day for the same reason and well they gave her pedialyte and told me it mite be her milk. my daughter threw up for hours kept me up all nite and i ended up taking her to the hospital i felt bad there was nothing i could do but take her to the ER. the pedialyte helpd her she is better now.
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2011