Should I reach out to a lady I was friend with in JR High

I found out that she has terminal cancer and I feel like I should say something, but what? She was always so sweet to everyone. She always had smiles and is such a sweet woman. I am not sure if she is married or not but has 2 toddlers. I have been crying all day. I know nothing I do will help her, but I just feel like maybe just hearing from an old friend might make her smile. I saw her again on a social networking site. I sent a friend request.

sweetangie79

Asked by sweetangie79 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• What should you say? How about starting with "hi"? :D

I'm sure she would love to hear from an old friend.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yes! i would!! .. i had a friend that was dignosed with stage 3 cancer in 2007.. she was only 19. i was 3000 miles away from her and i sent her emails an such while she was in the hospital, i cried an cried she died 3 months later.. granted we werent the best of friends but we were friends through highschool until i moved away i lost contact of a lot of ppl.
    having a friend to be there making them smile is all that matters now..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yes i think that you should she would be kinda happy that someone else cares enough to wish her well
    nicolia

Answer by nicolia at 12:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would stay on subjects about school, the kids, going to the zoo. Fun stuff but definitely make contact.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 12:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Just start by saying Hi !
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yes i think that she needs all the support she can get right now....and start of by saying hi how are you doing? and tell her who u are ..
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Update, I just sent her a message and acted like I didn't know she was sick, that I just wanted to catch up. I am not even sure we even had spoken on the phone but I felt that I should have made an attempt. I will post back with an update if there is one.
    sweetangie79

Comment by sweetangie79 (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Maybe she's embarrassed (not that there's any reason she should be) or in denial or just not ready to tell the world yet. I would keep in touch - I think it's important for her to have people around her that care.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I sent the email but she was to sick to read it. She died at noon today.
    sweetangie79

Comment by sweetangie79 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011