This is probably the weirdest question ever lol but i need to know! lol

ok...before i had my daughter, the only reason i knew what an ingrown toenail was or a hangnail was is cuz i went to beauty school. I never had one ever. Until after i had my daughter. All of a sudden after i have my daughter i get them ALL the time. And they get infected too! The move from one toe to the next. Once one toe heals, another gets one!

Do you think its from the change of weight on my feet? lol they hurt really bad! How do i keep from gettin them? The way i clip my nails doesnt seem to make any difference

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i have never heard of it before until my husband had surgery.. the same toe and both times was infected.. it was gross haha .. but it was right after he had surgery...
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• sooo weird how it happens!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I've honestly never heard of this and I read a lot of pregnancy/birth stuff. I suppose weight could be the culprit, your body goes through many changes during pregnancy, I've even heard of feet going up a size. I wish I had a better answer for you, hopefully someone else will.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yeah me too! i read all the time and have never heard of it! Thank you tho!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• the viamans we take dont just help the baby..They can make your hair and nails grow faster so maybe thats why....How often do u have to clip your nails now?
    brittgonz

Answer by brittgonz at 1:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Never heard of it stemming from weight gain or lose, but hell now a days anything is possible...lol! talk to your doc and see what the problem is, it could be an infection that your spreading when you touch your toes to clip them. Good Luck to you!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 2:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If your feet have changed but your shoes haven't, they may be causing pressure and deformation of the nails as they grow.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• it could be from the pregnancy. you can get weird things showup like beau's lines from pregnancy and labor. the best thing to do is to help guide the nail as it grows. keep the sharp ends trimmed at the corners an slightly lift the end corners to help the follow the ridges without cutting into the skin. chances are you damaged the ridges your nail naturally follows and the skin over grew due to the infection.
    that should solve the ingrown nail. the hang nail is different, its just dry cracked skinthat formed a fissure near the nail. condition the skin and you should eliminate that.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Thank you so much ..xxhazel!! I would ask my doctor but im actually embarrassed about it lol and it is def a ingrown nail not a hangnail. Brit- i dont think they grow any faster...its just weird!!! Could be from my shoes tho too!! Cuz i noticed they get really sore when i wear my tennis
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2011