New Spit-Up issue after introducing solids

My daughter is 4.5 months. we just started solids last week. we've only done cereal and green beans so far and now sheis spitting up a lot after each meal. She never used to. Even when I put her to bed (and I keep her upright after each meal for at least 20 minutes), I hear her spit up about 20 minutes later and have to go in and redress her and clean the sheet. Is this normal? She isn't sick or anything, and it is not projectile vomit or anything, just a good spit up. your thoughts would be appreciated.

rabbate

Asked by rabbate at 8:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would like to know too. I noticed my daughter doing this as well. Any help anyone?
    Anonymous

• oh no! not to be mean but I would stop! most babies are not ready that early for food some are but this seams like her stomach cant handle it yet I would start if you haven't yet with some rice cereal in her bottle and when she is like 5 months try it again if not try at like 5 1/2 months my daughter didn't do well with food at that age we started with her at 5 1/2 months but like I said every baby is diffrent
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 2:24 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Same here my dd is almost 6 months so i dont think its because shes too young. Mine is also on acid reflux meds to begin so maybe its just their little bodies getting use to it.
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2008