im a mom to be so what should i know about being a mom

bornangel

Asked by bornangel at 9:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

• 365 Things Every New Mom Should Know: A Daily Guide to Loving and ...
    In my book, 365 Things Every New Mom Should Know I share practical tips and ... Being a new mom myself, I really appreciated the easy-to-read format; ...
    www.harvesthousepublishers.com/book.cfm?productID=6909230 -
    There are TOOO many things to list here with only 1000 characters to put it in.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It takes alot of patshane. Alot of one on one time with your child as baby grows.
    Anonymous

• Set good examples for your children. They learn more from your actions than from what you say.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 10:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It is far harder than anything you have ever done.

Everything you read in the baby books is right - and everything is wrong.

Every baby truly is different - so what works for a friend may not work for you.

"Sleeping like a baby" is the biggest load of **** every uttered.

There will always be a child who does things faster than yours, just as there will always be a child who is slower. Enjoy your child for who she is and don't compare her to others.

You will pour every ounce of yourself into your child and will wonder why. Then one day she will look at you and say "Mommy".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• 1) Patience.. 2) Cherish the quiet moments.. 3) Cherish every moment with your children.. 4) Make time for yourself... 5) Realize that you are now responsible for raising a future member of our society~ Raise them with values.. Respect being #1.. 6) Don't give them everything they want... 7) Realize that you are the parent... make them realize that too~ Set goals, limits and understandings in your homes, set rules! 8) Talk with your children all the time.. keep the communication open... 9) Let them know you love them every day... 10) Never bad mouth the other parent in the presence of the child... 11) Have a great life!!!!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:43 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• when ur baby comes u will know what to do
    ADENSMOMMY123

Answer by ADENSMOMMY123 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• II am a new mom. My son is 3 and a half months old. It is alot harder than I thought it would be. and I don't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, but I also have postpartum depression so thats why it's been so hard for me, I am currently taking medicine and seeing a councelor. I'sd say be prepare dfor the worst, take time for yourself and don't feel guilty about it. Get help. Try to remmeber that the sleepless nights will not last forever- you will sleep again! Thank God- that made a huge difference. ALso my son was very coliky and had low blood sugar and jaundace. hope everything goes well for you. Just don't expect a fantasy life- this is real life and everything isn't always perfect.
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2008