Would you consider adopting a child?

I have been thinking about adopting a child for a very longtime. but im not really sure if I would be everything the child is looking for in a mother. i know that sounds crazy but Im just wondering....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Adoption

• YES DEFINIATLY ESPECIALLY IF I COULDNT HAVE ANY BY MYSELF
    nicolia

Answer by nicolia at 1:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• my sil adopted a little girl! i would
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 1:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I think about it alot. I would love to adopt a disabled child with either downs or cerebral palsy.
    lyvi

Answer by lyvi at 1:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• my husband always says he couldnt raise another parents child.. but when it comes down to it he would step up. we have 3 kids already but just thinking about kids in foster homes and what they have been through makes me want to do it now! but we just cant.. if i had the chance to do it . i would in a heartbeat!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 1:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yess i always wanted to do that since i was little i have always said when i get older i want to adopt at least one child....and yess u would make a great mother especially if their mother gave them up...they are looking for that mother love and someone to be there for them through there life....i would so do the adoption..
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My mom adopted after she could only have me and I always think of her as my brothers and sisters hero....she saved them from possibly a VERY long time bouncing from foster home to foster home (they are all drug babies, one is blind and they all have some kind of behavioral problem in their past) I would definatly adopt...I think there is nothing in the world you can do that is as selfless as adopting a child without a family. Good luck mama and feel free to message me if you have any questions (I can ask my mama lol) or if you just want to talk
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes I would. I actually told my fiance if by baby number 3 we have no girls, we will be adopting a girl.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I did consider it but was afraid we'd adopt then get pregnant. Didn't adopt but I am pregnant after 9 yrs of infertility. Didn't use drugs either.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Everything any child is looking for in a mother is someone who will love the child no matter what. Guide with love and kindness, accept abilities and limitations, and have patience with their development.

Women who are looking for someone to love them need to look in the mirror... but women who are looking for someone to love understand the first requirement of motherhood.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• That was my life plan just to adopt but now I'm pregnant. Maybe after I get established w this one. I really want to adopt one day!
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:54 AM on Apr. 1, 2011