Feeling guilty/depressed about pregnancy?

Has this happened to anyone else? I just found out I'm pregnant with our 3rd baby today (unexpected, we thought we were being safe). I'm feeling extremely guilty and crappy and I've been crying all day. I have 2 toddlers that are my world, and I feel like this is going to be taking my usual time and energy away from them. My husband is already gone for weeks at a time for work, and I'm all they have most of the time. I feel like a horrible person for even saying any of this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh, mamma, I have been there! When I became pregnant with my son we were REALLY struggling financially and my daughter was only 1. I sat on my bedroom floor and cried and cried. But when it comes right down to it, having another baby is wonderful. It's adding love and light and warmth to your family, it's giving life to another precious, irreplacable person. It's an adjustment, but your kids will love their new sibling and you will love your new baby.

Congratulations, and if you need to talk about it, you can sure PM me.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• ahh i felt the same way with my 3rd ! i was soo happy with the boy an girl i had i DID NOT want to have anymore! we were happy with just 2.. but when i found out i didnt want the baby i was so depressed i had to be put on stuff for it. even after my son was born i think til he was about 11 months old i wanted nothing to do wit him (yeah i was horrible an i regret even thinking about that) .. but now i am so over it and i seriously could not have it any other way!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 1:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• There's a reason why it takes 9 months to grow a baby. It takes time to adjust and prepare too. Right now your hormones are completely messing with you, so give yourself a break and take some time to get used to the idea. A baby is always a blessing, even when timing isn't perfect, even if there are corners to cut. You are NOT a horrible person for having doubts and fears, I think all of us do at some point, being a Mom can be a scary thing sometimes. But it *is* worth it. Hang in there.
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 1:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My sister was the same way w her 3rd. Cried, freaked out! Even went over adoption options.& she's a single mom. He's 2 now & Yes three kids is a handful but she's told me so many times she feels so guilty for having those thoughts. He's such a precious handful.;-P lol
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 2:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i felt like that with my second, but now thats shes here i lover her like i love my first born. chalk it up to the hormones, and just know your heart can always have rom for more
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2011