Is it healthy...

to have arguments in a relationship? Do you ever just feel like you can't stand the person you are with and everything about them annoys the crap out of you, but then after a few days you don't feel that way anymore and then you feel like they are the greatest and it keeps going like that off and on?

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 1:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Most definitely LOL! Arguments are a way of working through stuff, but it is important to either not get angry, but if you do, possibly come back to it at a later time when things have calmed down. You are female, he is male, there WILL be disagreements! A lot of times I'll be pissed at my husband for some reason, and I don't want to talk to him when I'm mad, because I know it'll just end up in a yelling match, and I do NOT want that :/ Yet he ALWAYS forces it to come out!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It can be. Depends on how the arguments go.

Contempt, criticism stonewalling and defensiveness all have no place in any respectful relationship, no matter what the discussion is about.

It is ordinary for your moods and thoughts to shift over time, yes. After nearly 30 years together, sometimes dh and I are over-the-moon, sometimes we're roommates and sometimes we're somewhere in between.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It depends on how the fight goes/grows. I don't like to argue with my DH and we don't often but it's healthy the way we do it and the make up sex feels so good,not only physically but emotionally.
    taKENheart

Answer by taKENheart at 1:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I've been married to my hubby for almost 19.5 yrs and...Yes! Arguing is not only normal, it's HEALTHY!!!

It's when you cease to argue and start giving each other the "silent treatment" that your marriage becomes "endangered". When you're arguing, you're still talking and expressing your emotions/feelings and that is always more healthy then "clamming up". The make up sex is very healing and pleasurable after the storm has passed like taKENheart mentioned in her reply.

So...Argue on Sister!!!
    wifedoll

Answer by wifedoll at 3:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I think its healthy to have arguements in a relationship because thats how you let go of whats bothering you.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My husband and I have been married going on 12 years and we still argue and he still annoys the heck out of me on a regular basis, but I do know he's my soul mate and I want to grow old and grey with him. I haven't always felt that way, but after going through some really hard times, I get why we're together now. lol. We don't argue near as much as we used to, but it does happen....and it's okay. We're only human and don't agree with everything the other says or does. Work through it and come out stronger and wiser than before, if that's what you desire. Best wishes. :-)
    mommyredrose23

Answer by mommyredrose23 at 1:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• "bickering" is totally normal in relationships..with the occasional "fight" (without the fists lol)argueing ALL the time is not healthy. Yiou would need to sit down and figure out the main cause for such.
    kristinamalek

Answer by kristinamalek at 12:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Depends on : the arguments, how often they are happening, what are they about, do repeats happen often, is resolution every achieved or just the arguing?

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Okay, how old are you? Men and Women are on this earth to argue and complain about everything, and mos of us disagree with the opposite sex sometimes just to bug the hell out of the other person.
    Heck! we even argue with our parents , and we're pretty sure we love them.
    So, yes, it's very normal.
    KukyLopez

Answer by KukyLopez at 2:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2011