Any relief for sciatica?

I have been having trouble with my sciatic nerve since I turned 20 wks. It has always just been in my right hip and leg, but it got to the point where when I laid down, it would shoot into my ankles too and I'd cry myself to sleep from the pain. Now I'm 34 wks, and it's now in my left hip and leg as well, ever since my baby turned into birthing position a couple weeks ago. It doesn't bother me so much as long as I'm on my butt, but my house is getting to be a mess, and I can't clean for more than 10 minutes without having to sit down for half an hour! Any help for this? Tylenol does not help, and I'm tired of being on my butt all day... Advice?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 9:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When it first started up, I went to the chiropractor for a series of adjustments. All it did was make my back feel awesome! but no relief for my sciatica..
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Try laying on the opposite side to shift the baby's position. Also try seeing a Chiropractor.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 9:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2008