Did I get cheated on?

When I was pregnant in 2009 found out some time in my last trimester that I had chlamydia. I was astounded and completely devastated because my husband and I supposedly lost our virginity to one another and I knew that he was the only man I had ever been with. I asked my doctor how you got chlamydia and he told me the only way to get it was from sexual contact. My husband went to the health department to get checked and found out he didn't have it and I know I had been completely faithful. Does anyone think there is a possibility my doctor got my results wrong or do you think my husband cheated? It was a pretty long time ago now but when I think about it, it still bothers me. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I believe it is possible to get certain STDs from public restroom toilets. I would see if that was one of them :/
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• it could be either or but i think definate cheater
    nicolia

Answer by nicolia at 1:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It's possible that test results got mixed up, but that's pretty rare. Then again, so is a husband cheating, catching a disease, passing it on to his wife and then treating his infection and not catching it again from her. Especially since chlamydia doesn't usually show symptoms in men.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Hope, no, you cannot catch STDs from public toilets unless you are literally humping the toilet seat lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Ah, I guess that's some rumors that are being passed along, because I don't know HOW many times I've heard that!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• have you asked your husband about it!?
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 1:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yeah, it's a huge rumor but it's totally untrue. The toilet seats are cleaner than the knobs on the faucets or the door.

OP, I really think you should talk to your husband about this. Since it's clear that if you really had it, you got it from him. He needs to come clean about this. If you really had it, he either slept with someone BEFORE you, or he cheated. Your marriage will be strained by not knowing for sure. Talk. If he gets defensive... that's your answer :S
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Hello.....are you....me? LOL.

Seriously, though, I have an almost identical story. I believe that my DH didn't cheat, and I know I didn't. We talked to the Dr, and we believe that his taking antibiotics for an infection (about a month before I found out I had chlamydia) may have cleared it up for him. We also believe that his skanky ex-gf gave it to him, and we were just blissfully unaware.

Your DH taken any meds?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Oh. I re-read that and missed the part about your being virgins together. Yeah, that's really suspicious. You need to have a talk.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would say yes BUT I guess there is a slim chance the results were mixed up. Is it possible he was checked out and had it but told you otherwise?
    taKENheart

Answer by taKENheart at 1:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2011