Someone help me i have no friends good thing or bad thing

nicolia

Asked by nicolia at 1:54 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Shmeh... doesn't matter much.

Friends can be an important social safety-net for people... or a huge drag and a lot of stress and drama. Depends on the folks involved.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:56 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I only have one because of drama and just stress and the fact that my family comes first you know it doesnt make you bad at all
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I don't have any either. Well, I do back home but even then it's just a few. I guess there's pros and cons to not having friends. Maybe I could import some friends hahah!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I don't really have any friends either! My life pretty much revolves around just my family. I guess it can be a good thing but sometimes it gets lonely lol.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 1:58 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i have 1 friend where i live.. its less drama !! just think no one could stab you in the back!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 1:59 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'm not the type of person to have a lot of friends. As a matter of fact I can honestly say that I have 2 friends. We don't see each other much, but we stay in touch with e-mails.
    I have never been very sociable, I always choose to be home. But, if you want to make friends why not joining a Gym, or take some classes @ park and recreations centers, join a dance or yoga class, or go back to school and take some classes, you can even try the library, they offer reunions for readings and have book clubs.
    Good Luck.!
    KukyLopez

Answer by KukyLopez at 2:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I have no local friends because i am a transplant in this very tiny town and if you weren't born here they won't involve you in anything!
    my dh is from around here, knows everyone and has his family, they don't care for an outsider like me...so he has all the social life one could want or need and I have none....it gets lonely but it has been so long since I had a friend I am not sure I would know what to do!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I don't have anyone close, I like it that way. I dont do best friends since my ex fell in love with my last one and she didnt do anything to stop it. Sometimes its a good thing, but yeah, sometimes its lonely, I know what you mean, I would love to have a girlfriend to go do things with
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 3:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I don't see how it could ever be a thing, I have one we went to high school together and she lives an hour and a half away, a few i stay in contact with once or twice a year but no "real" friends other then her. I hate it, I miss chit chatting on the phone, asking for advice, venting, lunch dates, girls night out, kids play dates, everything. Without friends i feel like I have NO LIFE, then I get mad at SO because he has many friends, they want him to help him with stuff, they want him to go play soccer, come watch the game etc.. I sit home. It's sad! I can't imagine how nt having friends could be a good thing? And Joanie,, I am so sorry to say it, but you never had a BEST FRIEND if she fell in love with ANY guy you were ever with!! ESPECIALLY YOUR HUBBY!!! Good luck!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I feel lucky to have many friends. When I went through a major breakdown a couple of years ago, they were very supportive. The important thing, however, is not how many, if any, you have, it's how you feel about it. If you are craving friendship, then find some. Don't question if it's good or bad or right or wrong if you are comfortable with not having any. You see from previous answers that you are not alone. You have to make choices based on what's right for you. Now, if you are looking for friendship and are unable to attain it and wondering why, that's another thing. Re-examine your expectations in getting and maintaining friends. Ask yourself, "What am I looking for in a friend?" or "Am I lonely without friends?" or "How do I feel about not having any friends?" Once you can answer these kinds of questions, you'll have your answer to your question.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2011