How did u stop ur kids from bedwetting? I have a 5 & 6 year old that still do it.

bowiegirl

Asked by bowiegirl at 9:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• See a doctor for that. I have seen kids who wet the bed into their teens. There is usually a medical cause for it. Or sometimes the child is soo exhausted that they sleep to deeply to awaken to go potty. Try putting them to bed ealier so they get more rest and still ask your Dr. if there could be other causes.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Try using an alarm clock. My stepson had that problem. He was sleeping to heavy. We would limit his liquids before bed and set the clock in his room for 1 or 2am and that helped him learn to wake up and go to the bathroom.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 10:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Our daughter did not have a transition time. She stopped wetting her diapers at night then we would take her to the bathroom as soon as she woke up. It was the easiest transition a parent could ask for. Our daughter got so used to this pattern that it just became a habit.
    Bevner

Answer by Bevner at 1:09 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My Daughters ages 2 and 4 never wets the bed and they are completely potty trained in underware. Sounds like you need to contact the Doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I haven't been able to stop it. But at least now when Damian does it I know it is a true accident. I told him that I would no longer change his sheets. It would be up to him to get all his bedding into the laundry room after he wet, and his responsibility to make his bed with fresh sheets that I provide. He stopped wetting every night and now it is truly the occasional accident.
    bella214

Answer by bella214 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 24, 2008