What are other formula feeding moms doing about the melamine and cyanuric acid contamination issue?

gypsyrg

Asked by gypsyrg at 9:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• huh I didn't even know this. Thanks for posting this and email me please about whats going on with melamine and cyanuric acid. I give my baby gentleease formala. Are those things in my formala do you think? thank you
    lovebnmommy310

Answer by lovebnmommy310 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• It is in the Enfamil brands, Similac brands, and Nestle brands...they are testing all the others as well now. I am going to ask my doc about putting my dd on milk now. She is only 4 months but the FDA says they don't know what what effects the melamine can have on the babies 10 years from now even though it is a trace amount. They can have kidney damage.
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Omg now I'm scared. My son was born with only one left kidney and 2 months ago he went to his kidney specialist and he said things look ok but his kidney seems to not fuction that great. So instead of seeing the doctor again when my son is 4 years old he wants to see him at 2 years of age. He's doesn't need any meds or anything now, but later in 2 years he could. What if his formala will affect him later in life? Blueyes you got me thinking now. Thank you.
    lovebnmommy310

Answer by lovebnmommy310 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• we're going organic. so far we have done the baby's only organic even though it is a toddlers formula the ingredients are very comparable. i also like that they are a small company. i think the small companies care more about the little ones.
    bridey530

Answer by bridey530 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I dont FF but I wanted you to see this info if you are concerned (an dyou should be).

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1310695/Melamine_in_formula_in_the_USA_updated

Let me know if you have any questions about what I wrote.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 12:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2008