More of that change to a more civil tone the left demanded

Woman faces charges for alleged threats to kill Wisconsin lawmakers

(CNN) -- A Wisconsin woman, apparently enraged over the new state law that limits collective bargaining for government workers, is being accused of sending e-mails to 16 Republican state senators threatening to kill them.

Katherine Windels, 26, faces four counts of using a computer to threaten, injure, or harm and creating a bomb scare, authorities said.

In a criminal complaint released by the Dane County, a Wisconsin District Attorney's Office alleges that the woman from Cross Plains, Wisconsin, admitted to the threats. She said she sent the e-mails because she was angry at lawmakers who voted to limit collective bargaining for about 300,000 state workers.

Windels, according to the complaint, used two separate e-mail accounts to send e-mails to the Republican state senators including this one to Sen. Robert Cowleson March 9.

"We feel that you and your republican dictators have to die...I as well as many others know where you and your family live ... We have all planned to assault you by arriving at your house and putting a nice little bullet in your head ...We feel it's worth our lives because we would be saving the lives of 300,000 people. Please make your peace with God as soon as possible and say goodbye to your loved ones," the e-mail said.

Windels, also wrote to Cowles that there were several bombs placed in various locations, including his house, his car, and the state capitol, according to the complaint.

"I don't want to tell you all of them because that's just no fun," the e-mail said.

Cowles said he and his colleagues have had several death threats.

"It's for the police and investigators to figure out if it's a legitimate threat or not. There have been lots of efforts to intimidate me and my colleagues," Cowels said during a phone interview Thursday night.

Public outrage over Gov. Scott Walker's budget repair bill practically shut down the Wisconsin state legislature for weeks.

Tens of thousands of protesters including union supporters and public employees descended upon the capitol, recently.

The bill, which limits collective bargaining powers of some state workers, was signed into law by Walker on March 11. Democrats have filed a lawsuit challenging the validity of the law. A Wisconsin judge has imposed a restraining order on the law stopping it from being implemented until the judge can hear complaints about it.

So far, Windels has not been arrested. She will likely be served with a subpoena on Friday, Dane County's district attorney told CNN affiliate WKOW.

According to the complaint, investigators read Windels excerpts from the e-mails, and she replied, "I know I said that, but I don't know why I said that."

Windels allegedly told police that she did not intend to follow through on any of her statements.

Repeated attempts to reach Windels, at her home, were unsuccessful.

"Its hard to know how serious some of this stuff is," Cowles said.

But Cowles did acknowledge that there is a heightened level of concern since the Tucson, Arizona, shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

Giffords suffered a gunshot wound to the head, and is recovering in a Houston rehabilitation facility. Six others were killed and thirteen injured.

"I'm not advertising where I'm going till further notice," Cowles said. "(But) I'm still quite visible. I attend functions all the time. I'm going to keep doing that. I'm not going to let these people make me twiddle my thumbs and be nervous."

So what's the spin for it going to be this time?  Is this one Palin's fault or Cheney and Bush's?  Maybe it was Newt?  Oh, I know, the Tea Party made her do it?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Creepy. Clearly, she's a nutjob. Democrat, Republican, alien, midget, blonde, teenage boy, mailman - makes no difference. Whacko is a whacko, and they are solely responsible for their actions and words.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Was she a teacher, I wonder??
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I found her on linkedin, she is a teacher Carpy...lol
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Here is the photo of the " thug" who teaches early childhood education and has a deep interest in psychology. I wonder if she goes by the nickname Kat................

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Wow well thankfully they found out who did it. A teacher huh? Nice! I wonder how many parents of the students she teaches feel today? I know I would be asking for my child to be removed from the whackos class if she is in fact even back to teaching. I wonder if Michael Moore will help her now?

Answer by gemgem at 7:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Silly Rabbit! A civil tone is only for Conservatives! Death threats are acceptable if they're from the left and target Republicans.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:11 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Considering she has a deep interest in psychology, she should dig right into that and find herself a shrink. Knowing you said something like that but 'not knowing why' you said something like that is a real problem. I certainly wouldn't want her teaching the young impressionable minds in my house. I would remove my kids from that school if that's what it took. Whack job doesn't even scratch the surface.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:16 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Oh Quinn, she was investigated in October for threatening by text a fellow coworker.
    Still EMPLOYED.
    Google her, she's everwhere.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• That's pathetic and scary as hell at the same time.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• sure is quiet in here.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2011