Anyone dealt with their child having negative side effects from shots? I am asking bc I took my Tassiana for her 12 month check up and she had her routine round of shots include influenza it is going on 3 days and her cough is getting worse with congestion and a runny nose. I called the pediatrician and they said this is normal but I dont ever remember it being this bad with my boys???

lola760

Asked by lola760 at 2:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would guess she had caught a bug before her shots and that is what you are seeing. A fever is common with shots but the rest I'm not sure goes with it. None of my three reacted this way but all kids are different. Keep an eye on her and give her lots of water!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• sounds normal, every child is different!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 2:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Is it a dry cough or a productive, mucusy cough? Does she have a fever? If there's no fever, there's no much they can do. This all can be normal. Her immune system is adjusting to all the foreign stuff she's just been introduced to, so her immune system is likely just overreacting to it. It'll subside soon. Hang in there! Try some Oscillococcinum and keep her hydrated.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Every child is different. Reactions will be different as well. I am big on "what the doc" said...but..go on your guy feeling as a mother.. if you think it is not normal... check into it... GOOD LUCK! Hope she gets better!
    kristinamalek

Answer by kristinamalek at 12:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011