What do you think of ladies over 60 that keep shopping and dressing like the're in their 20's?

KukyLopez

Asked by KukyLopez at 3:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• it is gross and very weird.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If it works for them, it's their life. If they have urges & are single, dressing like they're 60 isn't gonna get them laid. Lol Look at Cher!
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 3:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I think that sadly, they are doing everything they can to avoid "aging gracefully" as companies prefer younger looking female employees and society, as a whole, shows them no respect, gives them little, if any, "self worth" and acts like they are a "bother" more than a "blessing".

After all, sex sells everything in our world and an older woman is rarely made to feel sexy when she dresses and acts her age.

It's a shame and we should be ashamed of our attitude toward "aging.

We're ALL getting older and someday, every woman will have to deal with an intolerant society.
    wifedoll

Answer by wifedoll at 3:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I know one that does, she has a great body and looks great, she is 60 and looks better than some 20 yos that I know. Some however I cannot imagine wearing 20yo clothes
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Most of the ones I've seen look disgusting... they don't so much look like they're trying to be in their 20s as much as they look like they should be on a street corner. I think they need to realize how old they really are and accept that.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 3:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I say to each their own. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Oh and I will be perfectly happy doing what my own grandmother did and running around nonstop in my night gown and robe but lets face it, I've seen 60 year olds who have way better bodies then 20 year olds I know, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I feel sad for them, being so uncomfortable with where they are in life. Yes, it's a little creepy to look at, but think about what must be going on in their heads to make them do that.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Contrary to what most of you've said, I've met quite a few lately (maybe because of where we live?) who have stayed active, are fit, and have no reason not to wear stylish, tailored, or form fitting clothing which you would generally see on someone younger- nor does it looks out of place... They also didn't have 3lbs of makeup on, they definitely aren't trying to avoid aging gracefully. If anything, they have aged gracefully because they have cared for their self, and they have just as much reason to feel good in what they wear as anyone else- more so than I do, they've earned it!

What do you expect them to wear? Frumpy "old lady clothes" with a cardigan sweater?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My mom will be 60 this year and is in better shape them some 20 somethings I have met. She also absolutely does not look like she is 60, and she tries to dress younger. Even with all of that I think it is embarrassing. Me and my dad have to remind her she is not only a grandma but a GREAT grandma so dressing like a 20-30 yr old is wrong on so many levels we cant start. Even though she is fit she still does not LOOK 20 or 30, she looks around 45-50.
    I think after awhile you need to accept your time to shine is basically over, and accept your new roles. Everything is in a cycle. My dd is in her 20s and I dont dress younger, because its her time imo. I look nice, dont get me wrong, but if I wore what she did she would ring my neck.

Answer by gemgem at 7:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2011