Help with my breakouts

I'm 31w 5d pregnant and recently I've gotten a couple of breakouts here and there (face, neck, back, etc.). I know that its not ok to use most acne treatments and no salicylic acid. Does anyone know any kind of face wash or anything I can use to help with the breakouts while I'm pregnant?

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 3:56 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Here is a recommended cleansing routine for pregnant women:

1.Wash your face 2 to 3 times a day with an oil-free mild cleanser. Some cosmetic brands and natural skin care products use oil-free ingredients. Use a fragrance-free soap.
    2.Rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water and get rid any soap residue. Gently pat dry with a paper towel.
    3.Use an astringent that is non-medicated (if you use it).
    4.Apply an oil-free moisturizer.

JodenaLeigh

Answer by JodenaLeigh at 4:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Go buy some store brand 10% benzoil peroxide cream. You want to mix a tiny squirt of this benzoil peroxide cream with your favorite facial moisturizer. The moisturizer keeps the benzoil peroxide from drying out your face so you can use it daily without any redness.

Benzoil peroxide is the ONLY thing that really kills pimple bacteria, but it is harsh. If you put it straight on your face, it will make your skin red & possibly peel.

Use about the amount of a pea & mix generously with your moisturizer on your finger tips & apply all over. I learned this trick before my wedding day & it has kept my face pimple free since.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I had the same problem, mostly on my back. It was awful and iched. I use to have my husband wipe seabreeze or wich hazel on it. It helped the iching some.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• to treat the problem you have to treat the issue.. and since the issue is pregnancy there is really nothing you can do to prevent them until your hormone levels balance out a few months after baby is born. Until then, you can make sure to maintain a good and healthy diet and drink plenty of water and eat foods with fiber.. this helps your body to release the toxins in your system normally rather than through your pores and skin (which is causing the break outs).
    Topical creams may help what's already there, but they won't prevent future break outs.. which is why I suggest a dab of toothpaste on what's there, and to do as I said. Good diet, lots of water. Once your hormones return to normal you should clear right up. If your hormones don't, you can look into a BC that will help level them back out after you have the baby.
    any questions feel free to pm me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2011